The Canadian Council of Professional Fish Harvesters is the National Sector Council for the fish harvesting industry in Canada. It was founded in 1995 to represent the interests of fish harvesters at the national level and to promote professionalization.
- On May 27, 2012, the CCPFH reached out to fish harvesters across the country in an exciting new way. We launched a video series on YouTube. The videos were of fish harvesters, the work they do, the... Read More
- On November 24, 2014, the CCPFH announced the beginning of a major study on the skill needs and labour supply challenges in coastal communities where seasonal fisheries are essential to the economy.... Read More
- The Canadian Council of Professional Fish Harvesters (CCPFH) reached a milestone on Social Media this week with over one million views on its YouTube channel. CCPFH believes the success of the series... Read More
- It is with a heavy heart that the Canadian Council of Professional Fish Harvester (CCPFH) shares the sad news of the passing of Donald Assu on July 21st, 2015 after a brief illness. The CCPFH has... Read More
- This year set out to be a good year for commercial Fraser River sockeye fishing in Canada. Forecasts indicated 21 million to as many as 70 million sockeye returning to the river. The final... Read More