- It is with a heavy heart that the Canadian Council of Professional Fish Harvester (CCPFH) shares the sad news of the passing of Donald Assu on July 21st, 2015 after a brief illness. The CCPFH has... Read More
- This year set out to be a good year for commercial Fraser River sockeye fishing in Canada. Forecasts indicated 21 million to as many as 70 million sockeye returning to the river. The final... Read More
- A major study is underway in rural coastal regions across Canada. The Canadian Council of Professional Fish Harvesters (CCPFH) has embarked on a two and a half year study. It will document skill... Read More
- Welcome to our series of articles wherein we interview some fascinating people in the fish harvesting industry and get to find out more about them. The Canadian Council of Professional Fish... Read More
- The Canadian Council of Professional Fish Harvesters is releasing the last video of its fish harvesters across Canada series. This last video follows Dwight, Chad and Ashley Spence and Wade Rumbolt... Read More
Stories in the Media
Byrne calls for equal tuna fishing access for N.L.
Oprah launches online store full of luxury hand-picked 'favorites' - including $100 lobster sliders and $375 perfume
PEI lobster prices up 37%
Connecticut lobster population falls to record low amid rising sea temperatures
Explore our extensive resource library for tools to help your business.